Limited Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 appointments available in McKenzie, TN! Call 731-424-3315 to schedule an appointment!

Schedule your no obligation, free financial consultation today...

Call us at 731-424-3315, or

Click Here to Contact us via Email

Claims with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

At Teel & Maroney, P.L.C. we represent Veterans and their families who have claims for various types of veterans benefits. You or a loved one served this great country, but you might have trouble obtaining the benefits you deserve as a Veteran, and the Department of Veterans Affairs requires you to undergo an uphill battle to obtain the benefits you deserve.

We understand this is a difficult time, and you are just asking for what you deserve after your time of service. At Teel & Maroney, PLC, we can help you through this complex process. Whether you need assistance obtaining benefits for injuries sustained due to military service, pension benefits, aid and attendance benefits, or dependents and survivors benefits, we can help you with the process.

How does someone apply for benefits?

You begin the benefits process by submitting an application to the Department of Veterans Affairs. Your local U.S. Veterans Service Office can assist you with this step. The local office in Jackson is located at 1981 Hollywood Drive. Once the Department of Veterans Affairs reviews your application, you will be issued a letter that either approves or denies your benefits.

What if your claim is denied?

Once the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs denies you the right to your benefits, there is a limited period of time within which you must act. Therefore, it is very important that you contact us as soon as you receive your denial letter. Many times claims will be denied for reasons that may be reversed on appeal. However, if you do not file the paperwork to appeal, you may not be able to appeal the initial ruling.

Do you have to hire a lawyer to get benefits?

You are not required to hire a lawyer to help you file your application or appeal. If your claim is denied, however, a lawyer’s help can make a difference in your appeal process. Not only do you want someone on your side, helping you every step of the way, but you also want someone who understands the legal documents and legal requirements of the process to ensure that you take every necessary step to maximize your benefit award. You also want someone on your side who understands when a hearing might be required, and will represent you at the hearing. In addition, for an attorney to practice in front of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the attorney must first be approved by the Department. Attorney Alissa York Gay has been approved by the Department and is ready to help you with your claim.

How much will it cost to hire us to help you?

You will not pay us any attorney’s fee unless we are successful. If we are successful, a percentage of your back benefits is paid to us for our services.

For more information, or for help with your Veterans claim, contact attorney Alissa Gay at 731-424-3315 for your free consultation.


Get every new post on this blog delivered to your Inbox.

Join other followers: